Sunday, October 31, 2010

Could I be next?

Everyone who knows me knows I like my coffee. (No more than a couple of pots a day.)
And the "food" I miss most since my diabetes diagnosis is regular (sugar-sweetened) Coca Cola. So, naturally, this headline caught my eye.

Man Dies Of Caffeine Overdose


(OK, the headline wasn't really that large but it looked like that to me.)

As it turns out, this genius in Mansfield, England, took two spoonfuls of caffeine powder he bought over the internet, a level of caffeine 32 times the recommended maximum dose and 70 times more than is usually found in a high-energy drink.

Who takes caffeine straight without a mixer? And that amount of caffeine would make even Al Gore act like a chihuahua caught in a clothes dryer.

I am going on record to nominate this guy for a Darwin Award.  It's only fair, he earned it the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment